From time to time we are asked questions relating to the directory and decided we would list a few of the most frequent ones below.
Q. What made you decide to use the URL www.howaythelads.com as the Geordie directory web address?
A. Howay is an easily remembered and often used Geordie word which is used as a way of encouraging a Geordie person, team or group of people to do something better.
Naturally this short URL address will help more people to remember where to find the directory and then go on to recommend us to their friends, family members and mates.
Q. Why do you “currently” not have sections about Sunderland or Middlesbrough in the directory.
A. We recognise “some” of the sensitivities involved, that have sometimes been “forcefully” brought to our attention in our email box that people from Sunderland or Middlesbrough are not Geordies and obviously we did not want to continue too hurt the very sensitive feelings of those who have taken “sometimes serious offence” at our website url and name.
Q. What kind of audience is the directory aimed at?
- We expect most of our audience will come from visitors that live in the Geordie areas of Northumberland, Durham & Tyneside, as well as Geordie ex-pats who now live in other parts of the UK or indeed the world, but we hope enough visitors from other parts of the North East will let us know that they would like their areas to be included/highlighted in the Geordie directory.
- If your still proud to be called a Geordie but you live in another part of the North East then we hope that you might wish to honour/highlight the fact that you still class yourself as a Geordie by expressing those views in the comment section below and if we get enough support we will begin to integrate posts and pages about these (once former Geordie) areas.
- The directory is also aimed at a growing national and international audience who just happen to be interested in both the Geordie culture and history.
It was also once pointed out to us in rather angry email that Bobby Thompson the little waster was in fact born in Penshaw in Sunderland, however, we would like to point out that Bobby was always proud to be classed as a Geordie, whether he was born in Penshaw or not and spent the vast majority of his later years living in Whitley Bay on Tyneside.
We of course look forward to any comments, supportive or otherwise on this subject, however please hold back on the unwarranted threatening behaviour and bad language that has been used in some replies. (use the reply box below to have your say)
Q. I wish to have a Geordie link replaced or removed, how do I do this?
A. Complete our contact form with the words please “remove” or “replace” link in the comment field and be sure to state the full URL, the reason why the link should be removed and whether you have control over the website or web link in question.
Q. How do I recommend a Website or Web link to the Directory?
A. Simply contact us using our contact form or use the comment box in a relevant section of the directory and tell us to check it out, we will then review the site or link and decide if it is suitable for inclusion into the directory.
- Please make sure you provide the full URL of the website or web page as this can effect our decision into which category we may place the link.*
- All links must adhere to our Geordie links compliance policy.
- Link placement purely depends on the context of the link.
We Look Forward To Answering Further Questions …