Quick Facts About The 2010 Great North Run.
- The course is 13.1 miles from Newcastle to South Shields
- 100’000 people applied to run the 2010 Great North Run
- 54’000 runners were due to start, but only 39’000 actually started
- The race was started by Geordie duo Ant & Dec
- Around £28 million was raised for charity
- 120 runners took part who have ran in every Great North Run
Results Of The 2010 Great North Run
- The 2010 elite mens race was won for the first time by Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia
- The 2010 elite womens race was won for the second time (first in 2006) by Berhane Adere of Ethiopia
- The 2010 womens wheelchair race was won for the second time (first in 2005) by Shelley Woods of Great Britain.
- The 2010 mens wheelchair race was won for the first time by David Weir of Great Britain
2010 Junior Great North Run (Saturday 18th Sept 2010) Results.
- Age 9-11 girls was won by Olivia Bateman, Birtley Athletics Club
- Age 9-11 boys was won by Markhim Lonsdale, Gateshead Harriers & AC
- Age 12-16 girls was won by Lydia Turner, Birtley Athletics Club
- Age 12-16 boys was run by Joshua Schofield, Scarborough Athletics Club
You can use the reply box below to tell us about your experience of the 2010 Great North Run.