Geordies are making final preparations this week before the Olympic flame makes it’s way through the Northumberland, North Tyneside, South Tyneside & the Durham areas of Geordieland.
The Torch relay enters Northumberland from Scotland via the Geordie border town of Berwick-Upon-Tweed on the afternoon of 14th June 2012.
Each area has different celebrations in place to publicise the torch relay event passing through their area.
The following links should offer all the information you need to ensure you get a good view of the torch relay as it passes through your particular area of Geordieland.
Day 1: Thursday 14th June 2012
- Berwick to Alnwick via Bamburgh
Day 2: Friday 15th June 2012
- Alnwick – Blyth via at Hipsburn, Ashington, Newbiggin, Morpeth, Hartford, Bedlington, Blyth
- Whitley Bay, Cullercoats, Tynemouth, North Shields, Howdon & Wallsend
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
Day 3: Saturday 16th June 2012
- The Sage Gateshead, Hillgate, Gateshead Highway, Felling, Gateshead International Stadium, Angel of the North
- Hebburn, Jarrow, South Shields, Whitburn
- Prudhoe to Riding Mill Calling at Stocksfield and Hexham 16th June 2012
- Shotley Bridge, Consett, Moorside, Castleside, Tow law, Esh Village, Langley Park and Durham